A Naval Officer takes a long strange trip to the Desert.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

What day is it again?

Hey people,
I got the counters reinstalled on the blog.
I even added a countdown clock for Mardi Gras. Fun!!
It's starting to get cold here. The days are a bit brisk, and I have to wear sweatpants to bed at night. I even had to throw a thicker blanket on my bed.
I got to catch a couple hours of a BBC show called "Sahara", with Mickael Palin. It was pretty good. I hope someday I can afford to travel like he does. He's been doing these incredible travel shows for several years now. Anyway, it occurred to me how much I miss sitting around a camp fire.
I think I may need to make that happen when I get home for R&R. A night or two of camping would probably be a good thing.
Would anyone like to join me?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

J-

How about just a small fire in the back yard with marshmellows and weenies?

5:48 AM  
Blogger Jason Deitering said...

It's no wonder I left Louisiana after I got out of college.
I think Alaska after the navy might be a good idea...
I wonder what the odds are of her and dad coming camping with me and my friends?

6:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Half way there!!! That's awesome!! Looking forward to your return to La. We will have a great time!! At least until you move to Frozen Alaska!!! Good thing is I hear there are more women then Men there!!

Bob

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home