A Naval Officer takes a long strange trip to the Desert.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Hey Gang!
I'm back from my boredom induced coma, and boy is today a SPECIAL day!
Today I have officially reached the three month mark! That's right! 25% complete!
Now, I realize that that doesn't sound all that exciting to you guys. After all, the last three months for you guys weren't realy any different from the three months before that. And while the next three months are the begining of the holliday season, they probably aren't much different from the same period last year, or even the year before that. To me, however, the last three months were spent doing incredible and interesting things that I never want to do again. Now, I will be the first to admit that I don't have it rough at all, and that if ever a "soldier" could be a tourist, then, By God, I AM that soldier!
Seriously, there are a couple of people I feel I need to mention, seeing that this is kind of a milestone for me. The first is a very nice woman I met this last week. Her name is Brenda, and she is a civilian, working here for one of the defense contractors. She is from Houston and has three grown kids. Brenda has been here for THREE YEARS! By choice, I might ad. We also have another computer contractor, named Demi, who has been here even longer!
Kind of makes you apperciate the sacrifice of others, doesn't it?
You also have to ask yourself, how much would they have to pay me, to get me to go and do even a computer job, for that length of time? I'm thinking of a number between 150 and 200,000...per year of course.
Anyway, it's time for the three month situation report.
Let's see, I haven't had a cigarette in almost three months.
I am working out 4 or 5 times a week.
I'm saving lots of cash.
I'm tollerating the boredom without resorting to any Jack Nickolson "The Shining" type of issues.
I think I can call the last three months a success...
I hope the next three go just as well.
Thanks for hanging with me!
-Jason

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! Huge milestone....if I could just accomplish the working out 5 days a week I would be estatic!

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you haven't gone crazy yet, too.

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job bro! Kudos on the non-smoking! I know how you are feeling, Its been a year and a couple months and I still get the cravings for a smoke every once in a while. It helps when you are not around it. I think I will be making it out for Mardi Gras. Have you put on weight from working out? REDRUM! REDRUM!

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home