A Naval Officer takes a long strange trip to the Desert.

Monday, August 28, 2006

What a poser...


I know, I am a big dork.
I'm a big dork, but I look GOOD in that ARMY uniform!
You might think I was a real soldier and all...
Actually, I'm just a big tourist. A big, spoiled, tourist!
It used to be that people like me were "in the rear with the gear."
Now, people like me are "in the rear, making sure those emails get where they belong."
It's not as catchy as the original jingle, but I think it may catch on.
Anyway, I got to hit one of the more popular photo spots this weekend. Saddam's parade ground. If there is anyone who hasn't seen the crossed swords on TV, I would be VERY surprised. I made sure I got the second photo in there to give the correct scale.
If you look closely at the left side of the base of the arm, you can make out lots and lots of helmets. They are Iranian, taken as trophies from the war in the 80's.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice photo op...mom's gonna be pissed that you were out of your refuge...Are you coming back for mardi gras or what?

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like you are having fun playing dress up...if you ever get confused just consult the handy-dandy Ranger Handbook...it'll square you away there Highspeed.

Oh and I am pinning 1LT on this weekend...that would be Lieutenant Junior Grade sailor. Stay dry brother.

JoJo

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Pressure Washing Decatur said...

I enjoyed reading yoour post

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home