A Naval Officer takes a long strange trip to the Desert.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The wierdest thing happened today.


So I go into the chow hall for some dinner, walk over to throw a salad like substance into a plastic bowl, and the next thing I know, some asshole, is trying to get my attention. I look up, and this particular asshole has a huge TV camera right in my face. WTF? Right?
I came here to eat...now piss off!!!
I didn't say that, actually, I'm far to nice a guy.
It turns out the guy is from a CBS affiliate in Ohio or someplace like that and, get this, wants to tape me filling up my tray...with food...
How ironic is that? I got a laugh out of it.
What! You want me smile while I do it! Up yours!
Actually, he was a real nice guy. I clued him in to what I found so funny after he was done filming my salad selection. He thought it was funny, too.
The only down side to this story is that he came on a night when they actually had good stuff at the chow hall. I had a plate full of shrimp creole and rice, which turned out to be pretty good. (sorry, no picture.)
I'm sorry it's taking me so long to get the prizes out from the food contest. I promise I will have them in the mail by the close of business on saturday.
As for the picture above, this was taken by a friend of mine in the bathroom of his trailer.
How's that for a sauna!

That's all I have this time, boys and girls.
Take care,
-J

By the way, Bryce is STILL full of shit!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, did you tell them to air this in New Orleans? And did you wave to the camera and say "Hi Mom"? And if you didn't.......WHY NOT?

4:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude you call this hot, your from La and I don't mean Lower Alabama or LA, like the big city!! Just kidding, I glad to see your spirits are up and that you are still smoke free. I gave your mom something for you, to help you pass the time. I hope you enjoy. I am going to the beach this weekend and have some ideas I need to e-mail you. Take care and keep the head down!!

Bob

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home