A Naval Officer takes a long strange trip to the Desert.

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Saturday's slop!



Hey guys.
Glad I still have people stopping by to play “Guess this mess”.
Bryce came up with that one, I thought it was pretty good.
Fridays meal was the worst I have had yet. I knew nobody would get it. The big part of the tray was just stuffing with gravy. Those fritter looking things were actually “crab bites”, and let me tell you, they SUCKED! They tasted like old crab meat mixed with salt and sawdust. The bean medley thing wasn’t too bad.
OK, Point total through Friday:
Mom- 15pts.
Rob- 15pts. “Poultry hole pate?” Well done. He scored big on that one.
Bryce-20pts. God, you stink…smelly bastard.
Peg-25pts. She’s doing well, but guesses like “meat or fish” don’t help her out much.
Pam-10pts Nice comeback, Pam.
Pamela-15pts+1 Canadian point. She wasn’t doing all that great, but a few for partial credit and a dog vomit reference make all the difference!
Jessica-2pts. Where has Jessica gone? Probably got her head in the clouds somewhere…
1st. Lady- 20pts.
Bob-5pts.
Eric-10 pts Nice Dan Quayle reference…I got a chuckle out of that one. If I was any younger I probably wouldn’t have gotten it.
And by the way, they do have Kin Chee on the salad bar from time to time.
Moving onto todays pic…
This will be the very last night of the contest. My waistline can’t handle any more…
I jumped at the chance to insert a little extra “color” into this one. Have fun with it, and remember, creative responses get more points than correct guesses. I will wait until Monday is over in the states before posting the winners.
Anyway, It’s bed time for me. Take care, everyone.
Enjoy your meal.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

before i guess on this one... i need to know what a canadian point is.... how much is that worth to me?

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh boy. Dis is the hawdest one by faw. Danks fow having to eat that at the end of the contest. My fiwst thought was possibwy Chicken chunks in wed gwavy, but what in the heww is it sitting on top of? Diwty Wice? Mexican Wice? Den thewe is my aww time favowite--beets-n-onions. Oh, dat scwewy wabbit! Gawwic bwead. Peas and snaiws? Hey, I am suwe if you can eat aww that othew stuff you have been eating, you can eat a few escawgot. Fwied cwab bawws? YUCK! Dose weawwy wooked wike anything but that. And what is up wif youw main dish awways having to cozy up wif the side dishes? wow.. I see you awe not induwging youw sweet tooth.
Okay, now I made this a little more interesting for you to read J. Have at it. And tell me after you are done, do you recognize a certain someone in this comment?? Let me know.. HEY--I for one am gonna miss this contest. You have to come up with something else to entertain us with...
Bye now..
Hugs,
Peg

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A healthy portion of bloody elmo feces(chopped beef in a marinara sauce. How do you eat this shit?!?) piled on dirty rice, baked garlic buttery potatoes(I still love BUTTER!), steamed peas and mushrooms, and for the side I am going to have to guess sliced coagulated camel intestine. Bon apetit! "Thank you for watching another disgusting episode of Guess This Mess! See you next time!" (insert theme music here. preferrably something catchy like from The Muppet Show!) "Dah day da dah dah dah dah.....On Guess This Mess tonight!" Oh yeah and instead of profile of a muppet on the top, it will be the profile of a guy sitting on the toilet! I love me!

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here goes...........

Camel Gizzards over rice pilaf topped off with Campbells Tomoto Soup straight from the can.

Potato wedge drenched in goat pee.

Peas and Mushroom Medley sauteed in Dung of the Day.

Whatever is in the small bowl can't be dessert so I'm guessing Blood Red Beets w/sour onions.

And once again washed down with Persian Gulf Bottled Water.

But on the up side, I see you are accessorizing properly. Dark glasses so you don't have to really see "Guess this Mess" as you are eating it.

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am the one who sent the last entry. I have no idea why it did't take my name.

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You get this for dinner? You're lucky! Armadillo chunks in a souce piquant served over steamed maggots. Of course that comes with a side order of overcooked fungus and rabbit pellets. Dingo balls and sliced onions soaked in red dye number 3. Are you gaining any weight on this diet?

Of course it were me I would have gotten the pork stew over wild rice with potato wedges, peas and mushrooms and sliced beets with onions. What no cake? I want Pi!

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey J...
I want to have the last word on this section..lol..
Someone GIVING GOOD PRESENTS should not count towards your decision making. Don't let blood ties influence you in picking the winner (uh-Peg), you know the ball lover (me?) The girl who is saving a dance for U!!! Who took the time to find out how to speak spanish to give camel balls a new flair... Your partner in add-ins... P E G
Shall I continue?? lol..
Okay, whatever you decide is good. Just know my heart will be broken, my spirit will be crushed, my will to write will be destroyed, my mission in life to become a culinary chef will cease. Other than that I will be fine. Be good!!
Many hugs from the USA...
ME!!

5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's wendy's chili with a human finger in it... wait make that... several human fingers chopped up over rice....

looks like your dipping of shrooms and peas... was a few peas short...not too many peas.....or as we called them in elementary school... the booger peas....

looks like red beans and rice....wedges and peas and shrooms....

later!

11:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am determined to have the last word on this.
Just what would the last word be though?
I think your mother should win by default just because she brought you into this world. lol..
Peace..

5:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Peg!

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home