A Naval Officer takes a long strange trip to the Desert.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Here comes tuesday...



Hey Gang,
I just can’t tell you how pleased I am at the feedback for this silly contest.
At first I thought that Mondays dinner would be easy, then I began to feel differently.
As it turns out, there were 5 people who nailed it! I know I said that I was going to wait until the end to publish the results, but I’m thinking that a running scoreboard might be more fun, so, here we go…
Bryce, Peg, Dad, Bob, and the 1st Lady are being awarded 5 points each for correctly identifying the main dish as “Shepherd’s Pie”. With any luck it wasn’t made from real shepherds.
And Jessica gets an honorable mention of 2 points for this gem.

"Well, if it's Haliburton, I'm thinking ground lawyer.That's Cheney's company, right? Hiding his hunting indiscretions... :)"

Jessica knows me well enough to know that if ground lawyer was on the menu, I’d eat it.
Keep in mind, folks, these points don’t mean much. Kind of like on “Whose Line Is It, Anyway?” I would also like to take a moment to recognize a complete looser. My buddy Ox, bless his heart, sent me this…

"It's Chili-Mac, you silly Bald Bitch!!! that's too easy."

He was very confident, which I respect, and normally I wouldn’t rip on him.
Unfortunately, he’s here in Iraq, and he is eating the same food!
Oh Ox, you poor dumb animal. I really expect more from you than that, lets see if you can redeem yourself tonight.

Alright, about the picture for Tuesday…I think it’s WAY too easy. (my options were limited, I did my best.) Therefore, if you want BIG points then you have to be creative.
Name this nasty thing as best you can, no holds barred, nothing is out of limits!
Now, Bryce is the favorite for this round, but don’t believe for a second that he’s got it in the bag. Dig deep people, be as disgusting as you dare!

Don’t worry about me, I already ate.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's see...could it be:
"Camella Cojones Sofrito"??? lol..
Not sure what is going on with the one loner who jumped ship into the veggies on the side...
Potato gravy pool and smashed shrooms and brocolli.

On the flip side, I think it is Swedish meatballs with noodles, mashed potatoes with brown gravy and mystery veggie dish. That article was having us rolling over here. Your mom was laughing so much I had to ask her what was up? And she revealed her source--YOU!!!

5:35 AM  
Blogger Jason Deitering said...

Ok kids,
I have consulted with a native spanish speaker, and we have decided that what Peg was going for was "Spiced Camel Balls".
As for the one that tried to get away...he didn't make it.

6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, you are killing me over here. I DO have to work and these incessant outbursts of laughter are disrupting my co-workers...lol... Me and Mom looked at your response together and both busted out laughing at the same time.......
I actually was going for
Camel Ball Fricasee. Hey J--great minds think alike (or should I say great SICK minds think alike)
You do know you have to keep this food quessing contest going now. It is way TOO much fun...
Peg :)

8:12 AM  
Blogger Jason Deitering said...

It's nice to know that my culinary crisis is so funny...
I have Wednesday almost ready to go, but I'm not going to post it for another twelve hours. Take your time with this one and remember to be creative.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Jason Deitering said...

Also, I would love to see a few more of my mothers co-workers chip in on this one....

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well,

Sure glad Peg showed me your site! That stuff looks....interesting. Let me introduce myself. I am a co-worker of your mom and Peg, although your mom won't know me, I'm a newbee. My name is Pamela, prefer to be called Pam.

And I'm going to agree with Peg on the food, but I'm not to sure....

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The secret is to cup the balls and cut 'em away close to the body high on the scrotum.....I have thoughts of that movie with Chevie Chase called Funny Farm where he gains the record of most lambs balls consumed in one sitting, then when they finally tell him what he was eating he promptly loses his ball eating title. That makes me giggle a little. :-) Anyway, Meatballs in a mushroom gravy over pasta, steamed carrots, broccoli, and coliflower, mashed potatoes with beef gravy and the side dish looks to be more steamed veggies or a salad of some kind. Good fun! Keep it up! Now I am thinking I should have sent you some pepto for your birthday too.
-Bryce

1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason,

I believe that is water in the bottle?

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First off I know I can not top Bryce.

My guess is what we would call in this part of the world Swedish Meatballs over a nice bed of noodles. In the part of the world where you are, I would hate to think they would waste any part of an animal, I will have to guess ground camel balls, covered in dung gravy served over a bed of camel intestines. YUMMY! And all the trimmings.

This is fun.

Love you,

Mom

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Day one looks like vomit for the entree. The potatoes and gravy are easy enough, but those large green cylinders that are chopped up I don't know. Is it grown underground? Day two must be some sort of fish that comes from the dead sea. The greens look like they could be mustard or collard. If you ate all those yams you must have been farting all over the place.

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home