A Naval Officer takes a long strange trip to the Desert.

Monday, July 24, 2006

Pictures from Al Faw Palace.




Hey Gang,
It’s July 24th, and things are just clipping right along here at the old IZ. I would like to say thank you to everyone for the nice birthday wishes, by the way. Things have been quiet around here, and hot. I’ve gotten used to the heat, but not the boredom.
The pictures are of the chandelier in the main rotunda in Al Faw Palace. The one with me standing in the middle of the room is just to provide some scale of the room and the chandelier. As you can, it’s pretty damn big.
Also, if you click on the chandelier pic, and look closely at the base, you can see the lights from the hidden room in the ceiling.
What it was used for, I have no idea.
That’s about all I have for now, boys and girls…
See you next time,
-J

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my God! The light, the chair, now I really want the house that stuff would fit in.

5:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home