A Naval Officer takes a long strange trip to the Desert.

Friday, July 28, 2006



It’s almost over….
And Thank God! I can’t keep eating like this. Today was the worst day yet…
I mean, just LOOK at that crap! I think I did a damn good job today. Not only did I find it, I even ate most of it.
Someone had asked me why I always had a bottle of water, and speculated that perhaps that is all that is here.(it’s not.) Someone else asked why they hadn’t seen any nice looking desserts on my plate. (I took care of that today.) The answer is that I usually eat very healthy. Not that I’m picky, I will eat anything, and I like most things. Seriously, ask my Mother if you happen to work with her. My brother could probably back me up on that, as well. I also stay away from sodas, because if I’m going to drink my calories, they’re going to be in beer. Take another look at that plate of “food”. This has been a rough week, but a very, very fun one. Fun because I got to focus on something other than work, and got so much interaction with you guys. I have to run out soon (I know where the fun is in the old IZ on a Friday night.) but I will have a good point total up tomorrow.
I think everyone did pretty well with last nights pics. I think everyone will be getting points for being partially correct. I believe a couple of people nailed them.
Dish one: Salmon with collard greens and sweet potatoes.
Dish Two: Pork chops with “a-sapre-a-gas” (my mother is an incredible DORK) and mashed potatoes.
Believe it or not, the salmon wasn’t bad…
Take care,
-J

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay J--

Turkey Divan, with beans and Franks...and a side of: Deep fried
Camella Cojones Sofrito"??? Just kidding...hush puppies maybe?
A piece of chocolate cake..
And J..I am on to your "surprise". I am sure others may notice, just not as quickly...Then again they may..
Pretty cool. Very novel indeed.

1:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The main course is turkey and stuffing casserole(Hell, I dunno!), baked beans, fried okra or some other mystery veggie, and chocolate cake. I was so looking forward to the shit on a shingle! Maybe next episode of "Guess that Mess!". But then again that would probably be too easy.

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this might be the vegetarian cuisine. Let's say Crab AuGratin, Baked Bean Medley, Hush Puppies and a lovely piece of Double Chocolate Cake and some Persian Gulf Water to wash it all down. What a way to end a very interesting week.

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay, so first i must comment on aquafina being in a different language.... oh so cool....could you send me one?

well, the beans.... it's what ever is left over at the end of the week... just throw them in the pot cause there is not enough of one kind to make just that kind....

I think those are corn fritters... or could be fried okra but that is my southern tummy just wishing for you...

the meat... well it looks like what my dog does each time she goes for a ride in the car... she gets terribly sick and vomits.

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll still clear of the comments about balls. I think that's been well covered over the last few days. But here goes, Heinz's gas medley, poultry hole pate' with savory sauce and deep fried dromedary dung. Topped off with Chocolate Cake. (Who would want to mess with that?)

Of course the menu cards probably said, turkey stuffing with gravy, calico beans and falafel balls but who pays attention to those anyway. I probably wouldn't have had any trouble eating it. Did they have kimchee on the salad bar?

This has been a fun week to read your blog.
Dad

5:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Dad's comments far surpass any of them so far.
Poultry hole pate? Oh my. I think he is the winner by a mile...lol..
This is one of the coolest blogs out there. I visit others and no one even attempts to make them challenging or this sick and twisted. hee hee....
Jason, do you get seconds if you want? I can imagine there would be times that some of the foods call you back for more...hmmm....which ones? I know which one I would want seconds on. :)
Okay--I am outta here...
Peg

5:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I am curious..why would Kim Chee be on the Salad bar? Sitting at a table is not good enough for her?
BYE!!!

5:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home