A Naval Officer takes a long strange trip to the Desert.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Sunday!!!


Sunday = Happiness

That’s right, every Sunday looks like this. It’s kind of like the only day with actual food. The Prime rib isn’t nearly rare enough and the lobster is tough, but screw it, it’s steak and lobster! After a week of that crap, there’s just no way in hell I’m gonna complain.
I’m sorry it took me so long to get this post out, been busy at work, and I started hitting the gym this week. So I’m tired, and sore.
I am VERY pleased with the last entries, by the way. You folks really dug deep for this one. Quite impressive. Elmer Fudd’s illegitimate love child, Peggy, even paid us a visit. Not too shabby…
Let’s see….oh yeah. Dinner was: Beef tips over dirty rice, boiled potatoes, pees with mushrooms, and Beets with onions. And I ate it.

Peg, very creative response. I still can’t translate this, though…
“Dose weawwy wooked wike anything but that.”
Really, I don’t have a clue, but it’s worth 10 pts.

The 1st. lady nailed everything but the main dish, well done there. 10pts.

Bryce, however, did very well with the main dish. (I wish he had been here to eat it for me.) I don’t know what possessed him to play off of the Muppet Show, but it did bring back some nice memories. I also know what he’s getting in his stocking this year. ( “bloody elmo feces”, of course!) 10pts.

Mom, I think, did a wonderful job mixing real guesses with the creative stuff. Very well done. I especially liked “dung of the day” 15 pts.
By the way, the shades are “danger sensitive” sunglasses. Ask Dad, he’ll explain.

Rob did something that I don’t think anyone else did through this entire contest. He mixed armadillo, maggots, dingo balls, fungus, and rabbit crap all into the same meal. He was also very close on the real guess. You get 15 pts, just never cook for me again!

Pamela went with a cannibalistic reference, and you know, when that happened, it just didn’t keep me from enjoying a biggie size Wendy’s chili with extra onions and cheese. Is there something wrong with me?? 10 pts for Pamela.

Oh, and by the way, Peg. My mother is going to get so much Iraqi shit in her stocking, she won’t know what to do with it.

As far as prizes go, there is a first place prize, and a whole bunch of second place prizes, which will all be the same. Fitting, considering there are four people tied for 2nd.
By my calculations,

Peg (THE BIG WINNER) leads the pack with 35pts!!!
(does anyone know how to mail a 12 year old Iraqi kid?)

My family + the 1st. lady all came in second with 30pts. Pamela, pulled 25pts, but she’ll always be a winner to me, so I promoted her up to second. Same goes for Pam and Eric, who got a little shy at the end.
There are a few of you who don’t work with my family, and therefore, I don’t have any way to reach you. So, Please, leave a good email address in a post, and I will pull it back off so it doesn’t get too much exposure. Don’t forget, it is VERY easy (and free) to start a new email account. It may be a good idea to start a new one so we can coordinate a mailing address, instead of using your primary address. I have a fun game ready to pass along tomorrow, which I’m sure will cause a great number of lost working hours.

Thank you for looking at my balls!!

It was a blast!

-Jason

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so honored. Me and my dad weally, weally thank you for picking me. It has been a bwast J.
lol...
Elmerette may come to visit you again. You just NEVER know...
You are more fun than a bawwel of monkeys!! And thanks for taking care of my buddy. She deserves all the priwzes she can get!!
Bye 4 now..
Peg

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

“Dose weawwy wooked wike anything but that.” I was referring to the fried crab "balls". Something about those balls. I found them to be very intriguing.
Anyway, I was saying that--"those really looked like anything but that".
I appreciate your offer for an Iraqi child, but I am done raising my two monsters. So you want to give me a child as my PRIZE?? Thanks J, I love ya too. lol...
You have my address at home right? If not, I will write to you from there this evening.
Jason, what is the most cajun thing that you have found over there? Wait--I forgot. You are not a coonass. Mom told me about your airplane joke. Pretty funny.... And one last question--
Why Dried Squid?
Okay, well take care and hurry back!!!
Peg xoxo

5:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Trace.
I was very curious about that.
Now I know... :)

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to Peg and her balls...you know thats why you won! ;-)

Gonna miss that....Not Peg's balls though......

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason,

Your rug came and I'm not going to tell how I think it looks until you update this blog. So there!

6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Come on Jason....where'dya go??
We miss you and your culinary delights... Even though my head is still big over winning, I still want to continue to interact with you on your day to day stuff.
Come out, come out wherever you are J...
Hurry back!!!!!!!!!!!
Hugs,
Peg
p.s. I really think Pam has a thing for my balls--appears to be that way to me. What you think J?

4:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

IM ALWAYS A WINNER... how sweet!!!

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home