A Naval Officer takes a long strange trip to the Desert.

Monday, July 17, 2006

update for 18 July 2005




Hey all!
Time for an update.
I got an email from my buddy Bob, who asked me to clarify the living arrangements here in the International Zone. I don't know why, but I think he thought that I was living in the palace.
Now, of course, I should be living in a palace. I'm just that kind of guy.
The pics I included are of my "street", my trailer, and my half of the room I share. It's small, and not much to look at, but it's probably the best place in the country to be. That's because it's quiet, and I don't have to walk through the dirt and gravel to get to the bathroom. The food isn't that bad either. If you look at the photo of my "street" you will see what looks like grey-ish "walls" on either side. They're tarp covered sand bags, about six and a half feet tall, to protect the trailers.
I will have some more pics of the inside of a palace next time.
Take care, everyone.
-J

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the trailer...could you send one down here? We need more in New Orleans! Jess is looking over my shoulder at what I write, so I have to be nice. Stay safe and write back sometime.

-Dan

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice digs. It's like having a bullet-proof vest for you house, huh?
BTW, Happy Birthday to you-wasn't it the 17th or 19th or am I not even close? I just know you're a lot older than me, ha ha.

Sue

8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

***Happy "late" Birthday Jason.
Your mom just told me you had a BD a couple of days ago. Hope it was a good one!!
Nice digs to stay in.

Be safe,
Peg :)

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday buddy!! Nice to see the housing and it is not in a palace, thought they were treating you too nice. Just kidding!!

Bob

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home