A Naval Officer takes a long strange trip to the Desert.

Monday, June 19, 2006

First day in Baghdad.

Hey gang,
I have finally made it to my destination.
I am in the International Zone in lovely downtown Baghdad.
And let me tell you, there 'aint nothin' like swimming in the Tyrants pool, working in the Tyrants palace (the new American Embassy), and crapping on the Tyrants throne!
It's glorious. The palace has marble EVERYWHERE!
That asshole spoiled himself in ways that I just can't describe.
And he's got these damn things all over the place. I saw at least three on my way in from the airport, including one that he couldn't get finished before the war started. It's called, get this, "Victory over America Palace".
I kid you not.
How's that for irony.
I also saw the whole crossed swords road that you always see on TV, too.
That's when the reality of your surroundings really hit's you, when you see stuff for real that you've only seen on TV.
To quote myself,"Holy shit! I'm really in freakin Baghdad!"
Anyway, I need to get to bed.
I will try to get some pictures up tomorrow.
Take care,
Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home