A Naval Officer takes a long strange trip to the Desert.

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Fear and Irrelevance in South Carolina


Hey Gang,
This will be my last entry from beautiful South Carolina. It is Friday afternoon, and I have finished the Army course here at wonderful Camp Snoopy. I am currently writing this while sitting in the airport waiting for a flight to take me back to hang with my family for two weeks, which is good, because it gives me time to reflect. While I reflect upon the past two weeks, I can't help feeling a certain amount of bitterness. Bitterness toward the Navy, for canceling a set of orders which I believe would have taken me to a great job, where I would have been relevant, useful, and God forbid, even made a difference. As it turns out, There is a bright side to this story. I am still going to Iraq. Also, I get to go home for two weeks, to see my family and go to my sisters graduation(pictures to follow). Get forced out of a great job, and still get to take leave. Not to shabby.
It's not going to stop me from getting on my soapbox, though.
I would like to address people who serve in the military, even though this applies to everyone...
It isn't enough to have a job, and it isn't enough to volunteer. There is a lot of bureaucracy in the world, and more than enough in the Navy. If you find yourself in a position where you can not only contribute, but save lives doing it, It is worth any amount of screaming and yelling to keep the position. It doesn't come around very often!
Alright, enough of that. I'm good now.
To the guys in JCCS-1, who are probably somewhere over the Atlantic right now, The month I spent training with you guys was a blast, and I'm going to miss every one of you.
Even Durkee...
Grover, It was way too easy. I couldn't help myself. I hope everyone got a good laugh out of it. I'm sure that when retribution comes, it will be swift and just.
Take care, guys.I will write again soon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually Brother were in Sigonella right now. It was kind of funny getting on the bus to the Q in the Azores at 0400 after 11 hours of flying and all you hear is Grover say "fucking Diettering!". Great work on the alarm thing, you had to see Grover's face. Now it's official we blame you for everything. Oh by the way we are going to start sending CPT Price pictures of the flags we stole, we'll try to figure out how to post them at we_got_your_flag@yahoo.com (my idea). For now take care Bro and see ya when you get in country hopefully I'll have the still up by then.

-Ox out

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home