A Naval Officer takes a long strange trip to the Desert.

Monday, May 21, 2007

Who should I make the check out to?


I can't afford it, but boy would I like to play with it for a little while!

This is a new vehicle built by some Canadian company. They brought it in country in an effort to sell it. Probably to the U.S. Marshals, Blackwater, or some three letter agency. I don't know if anyone will bite, but it sure is cool lookin'. It's basically just a specially designed armored shell, placed on a Ford 550 frame, and equipped with about every off the shelf Ford component you can think of. Everything from the side mirrors, engine and running gear, and interior are right off the Ford assembly line. The dashboard looks like the one they use in their full size vans. It's an interesting way to keep cost down, but it's hard to say if anyone will be buying it. If I had to guess, I would say that metropolitan SWAT teams might like it, if anyone. Let me tell you, it's awfully impressive to see in person.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would this be appropriate for local law enforcement? Gas mileage? Will have Uncle check this out.

6:18 AM  
Blogger Jason Deitering said...

Can you imagine what the enviro-tards on your block would say if you brought this home. You'd have to get a bumper sticker that says "My SUV runs on fetuses" for them to leave you alone.

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you meant Fecal Matter not fetuses. The Religious Right and Right to Lifers would be all over you otherwise.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Jason Deitering said...

Of course they would, but the enviro-tards would leave you be.

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home