A Naval Officer takes a long strange trip to the Desert.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

I'm Back! (and I'm probably going to be in trouble)



Hey Freaks,

I'm back in the desert following 15 days of wonderful, and very well deserved, leave.

Mardi Gras was weak, but the company was first rate. My little sister got herself hitched to a VERY good guy with an awesome family, I got to spend some quality time with friends and family, and I learned first hand that it's better to be at home with food poisoning, than to be healthy in Iraq. (not much better, but a little...)

I have been back for the better part of the week, and the jet-lag is just about gone. The weather here is absolutely beautiful. Springtime in Baghdad is strangely pleasant. It's been relatively quiet, as well.

Also, I would like to introduce everyone to a few very special members of my family. We don't usually get to see them all together at the same time.(parole boards being the way they are and all...) Luckily we got to get them all together, and sedated mostly, for the wedding.

I introduce to you, Lynda, Dawn, Karen, and Marlys...The Peterson Sisters!
In my defense, the odds of me not posting this are just incedible!
Sorry guys.
(I'm sure that Lynda understands.)
Hope to see everyone again real soon.
Jason

25 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You mean Mynda, Karen and Marlyss.

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say, that pic is much more classy and fabulous than the last.

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deep dark secrets were coerced. Shutting both adjoining doors is beneficial. Group hugs were enjoyed. Viper1

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom handles Jack better than your mom! Nothing like microwave popcorn and a PBR @ the Dungeon...

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't know Jack about Jack!!

8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still looking forward to a second round, aka a re-match, with Jack and the person responsible.

Guess Who!

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GLAD TO SEE YOU ARE BACK. THIS OBVIOUSLY IS NOT A FOOD GUESSING CONTEST AND AFTER READING THIS BLOG, IT MUST BE "GUESS WHICH ONE IS MY MOTHER". SO, I GUESS KAREN, BECAUSE AFTER ALL OUR JOBS AS KIDS IS TO EMBARRASS OUR PARENTS. CONGRATS TO YOUR SISTER!

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I can handle my JACK, but who knew Karen was drinking? I thought it was a dry reception! I'm ready for a rematch anytime you think you can keep up old lady!

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See what you started?

Sounds like a Jack drinking competition in Phoenix to me.... I'll supply the food, drink, and location........How many are in?

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think there may be several.

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Respond you two little trouble makers. You start it and then hide.

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Name the two suspected trouble makers please!

4:22 PM  
Blogger Jason Deitering said...

Lynda and Lindsey are the trouble makers, I say! Lynda and Lindsey!

11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trouble has always originated from men Jason & Bryce. And don't be so jealous my mom can handle her alcohol better than your mom. Maybe your mom should quit practicing on "ponies" and handle a real drink!!

9:21 AM  
Blogger Jason Deitering said...

Yeah...well why don't you just shut up!
Lindsey!

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mom's and kids, challenge to be in Arizona, any bet takers? L & L

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, who is the one that wrote in all caps and claims Karen as the mom?????? Tooooo funny!!

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason if the best come back you can give is "shut up" then I'm done posting comments.

10:35 PM  
Blogger Jason Deitering said...

That's fine. Take your cooties and leave. After all, you're apperantly too chicken to leave your name...

11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this family!! Just think of the fun we could have if we lived in the same city.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Jason Deitering said...

Perhaps a move to the Scotsdale region is something that you and Rob should consider.

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll take Dawn & Rob anytime in Arizona

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I would love to live there but we would have to win the Powerball or the Health & Wealth Raffle to be able to afford it.

5:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know Jason, we could all do this again real soon if you would just propose to some lucky lady... Have booze, will travel.......

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there! sorry i havent been around much - hope you are doing well out in the desert.

brooke

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home